Friday, June 16, 2017

Tahoe City Bicycle Bridge to Snowline (Northbound)

As I start the trail I look one last time at Tahoe City.  This section of trail is one continuous climb for 5.7 miles with the lone exception of a short downhill going out to Thunder Cliff.







I then come to the first of many viewpoints as the trail follows the east rim of the Truckee River.
Granlibakken Ski Area
The trail makes its only descent, very short lived as it reaches the series of viewpoints from Thunder Cliff.
The dramatic views from Thunder Cliff.





The trail climbs high enough for snow patches but being a south facing slope they never get large enough that you can't see the trail on the other side and I make a bee line across them.

The trail reaches a summit of a Rock/Talus mountain and winds around its west side.


After this the trail makes a strong descent down the north side and snow is too thick to continue.  I mark my progress at having made the west side of the summit.

Tahoe Rim Trail miles (this trail): 5.7
Tahoe Rim Trail miles: 10.8
Tahoe Rim Trail percent completed: 6.5%








No comments:

Post a Comment