Friday, June 16, 2017

Northern Kingsbury Grade Area (Andria Drive)

I still need miles but I'm too gassed to do the very challenging Brockway East.  So I drive to the East shore.  About 3 miles north of the Kingsbury Grade is a trailhead at the end of Andria Drive.  Here I take a half mile access trail to get to it.



After a trail junction I am now on the TRT going southbound.

I don't know what this trail junction is about.
After about a mile I pass both Castle Rock Trail junctions.

more views abound

Castle Rock (taken on the way back)
South Lake Tahoe
I then pass under the west side of a really neat rock
The trail then climbs up a saddle.  On the other side of the saddle are some neat rock formations.


Having lost so much altitude and being so tired I stop my hike a short ways below the saddle taking these last few pictures.

Tahoe Rim Trail miles hiked (this trail): 1.4
Total TRT miles hiked: 15.3
TRT percentage completed: 9.3%










No comments:

Post a Comment