Thursday, July 6, 2017

Kingsbury North to Sierra Canyon Road

   I know as soon as I see this junction
that my earlier correction was wrong.  I've deducted the 0.4 mi from this trail to set things straight.
     This trail is how I wish the rest of the Tahoe Rim Trail was constructed.   It consists of a very straight line route.  If there were switchbacks I do not remember them.  It never leaves a gradual grade so I never have to stop to rest.  Except for an initial downhill section which thankfully gives it some seperation from the motorcycle trail above, the trail is entirely uphill on the way in.  So when I'm most tired it would be downhill.  But after completing I make the mistake of trying a loop by returning via the motorcycle trail.
     I don't enjoy writing the blog as much as I do the hikes so its just gonna be pictures after the next sentence.   Except for the one short viewpoint segment the trail is mostly a boring forest jaunt.



































Tahoe Rim Trail miles (this hike): 4.4mi
Tahoe Rim Trail miles (total): 42.9mi
TRT percentage completed: 26%


No comments:

Post a Comment